PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION –
- The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory paper of 200 marks each.
- General Studies – Paper I
- CSAT – Paper II
- Both the question papers will be the objective type (multiple choice questions)
- The General studies paper- II of the civil services (preliminary) examination will be a qualifying paper with minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33 %
- The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English.
- Each paper will be of two hours duration.
General Studies – Paper I Duration : Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography – Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
CSAT – Paper II Duration :Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)